Charles Stanley wrote an article titled, “10 Ways to Know You’re Following the Holy Spirit.”
Not sure if you’re being led by the Spirit? Here are a few key Scriptures to help discern.
- The Holy Spirit guides us into God’s will.
Ps. 143:10: “Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness.”
- The Holy Spirit guides us to pray God’s will.
Romans 8:26-27: “The Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. ... He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”
- The Holy Spirit guides us to live by God’s Word.
Ezekiel 36:27: “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.”
- The Holy Spirit guides us to obtain God’s promises.
Ephesians 1:13-14: “In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession.”
- The Holy Spirit guides us away from sin.
Galatians 5:16: “I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”
- The Holy Spirit guides us into the truth.
John 16:13: “However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.”
- The Holy Spirit guides us into our ministry.
Luke 4:18: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed.”
- The Holy Spirit guides us to see what God has given us.
1 Corinthians 2:9-13: “‘Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.’ But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. ... We have received ... the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.”
- The Holy Spirit guides us by His power.
Zechariah 4:6: “‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.”
- The Holy Spirit guides those who belong to God.
Romans 8:14: “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”
I hope you are making plans to join us this Friday for the continuation of our Holy Spirit series. We have a great worship set planned, a great dinner, and a great testimony in addition to a teaching on the Guiding Light of the Holy Spirit.
Please make sure you are helping us get the word out by:
- Inviting people to Encounter
- Liking the Encounter Facebook page at facebook.com/thehopeencounter
- Sharing right before Friday night our Facebook page that we are Live Streaming and invite all your friends to watch.
- Sharing our website at TheHopeEncounter.org and asking your friends to sign up so they can stay connected with all that is going on at Encounter.
Encounter is so blessed and fortunate to partner with the Sanctuary on Friday nights. The Sanctuary is doing a little remodeling this week and the normal entrance door will be under construction by the water fountain. For this Friday please park and enter on the right side of the building when you come to Encounter. It is closer to the dinner area and will be the only entrance you will be able to enter in from. Thank you for your patience as we share The Sanctuary values to keep their church a beautiful and safe place to grow!
Please make every effort to attend Konnie Johnson’s Celebration of Life Service this Friday at 11:00am at The Sanctuary UTURN building. She loved being a part of our ministry and she wanted her Encounter family to be there. We are so honored to celebrate her life!
Be Blessed and Encouraged